Acic 5% Cream is used for the treatment of cold sores, which are caused by the herpes simplex virus. This cream can be used at the first sign of cold sore infection.
Directions for use:
Adults and children:
• Start using the cream when you get the first signs of infection. You may see skin blisters or be able to recognise the tingle sensation that means that a blister will appear soon.
• Spread a thin layer of cream onto the cold sore about every 4 hours during your day. This is usually about 5 times each day.
• It is best to use a cotton bud to apply the cream. If you do use your fingers instead, wash them thoroughly before and after using the cream. This is to prevent you spreading the virus to your damaged skin or to new areas.
• Use the cream for at least 4 days. If your cold sore has not healed completely after 4 days carry on using the cream for 6 more days. If the cold sore has not healed after a total of 10 days, stop using the cream and tell your doctor.
• Do not get the cream in your eyes.
• Do not use the cream inside your mouth or vagina. It may irritate your skin in these areas.
Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have used more Acic than you should. Avoid swallowing, and speak to your Doctor or Pharmacist should you have any concerns.
If you forget to use Acic
• continue using it as soon as you remember.
• do not use more cream to make up for the time you forgot.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The active substance is aciclovir. Each gram (g) of the cream contains 50 milligrams (mg) of aciclovir [5% w/w].
The other ingredients are propylene glycol, white soft paraffin, liquid paraffin, cetyl alcohol, dimeticone 350, stearoyl macrogolglycerides and purified water.
Keep all medicines out of the sight & reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine.
First Infant Milk, with a 29% fermented dairy-based blend. Nutritionally complete formula* *Suitable as a sole source of nutrition from birth and as part of a weaning diet from 6 months. Contains DHA ** (Omega-3) **As required by the legislation for all infant formula....
Developed with Dermatologists, CeraVe Foaming Cleanser is a foaming gel cleanser which effectively cleanses the face and body. Suitable for normal to oily skin. The non-drying formula contains 3 Essential Ceramides, Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid, to effectively cleanse and removes excess oil, while protecting...
Zest Active is a super supplement with 25 active ingredients formulated for adults (aged 18 and over) who want to support their immune system and energy levels. Delivering multiple benefits in one easy sachet, every single ingredient was carefully selected to help you unlock...
Alflorex is convenient and easy to use- Available over-the-coutner, no prescription needed - Only 1 capsule per day, taken with or without food - For best results take Alflorex daily for at least 4 weeks - No refrigeration required Note: You may experience temporary...