Nicotinell 1mg Mint Lozenge is used to help smokers to stop smoking. Each lozenge contains 1mg of nicotine which is released slowly into the body through the mouth when sucked to help combat the craving associated when giving up cigarettes. This Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is fruit flavoured and can relieve withdrawal symptoms associated with nicotine dependency.
How To Use
Always take Nicotinell Mint Lozenge exactly as stated in this package leaflet. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Nicotinell Mint Lozenge is available in two strengths: 1 and 2 mg. Nicotinell Mint 1 mg lozenge is recommended in low to moderate nicotine-dependent smokers. It is not recommended for smokers with a strong or very strong nicotine dependency. Nicotinell Mint 1 mg lozenge can be used alone or in combination with Nicotinell patches.
Suck one lozenge when you feel the urge to smoke. In general, one lozenge should be taken every one or two hours. Normally 8-12 lozenges per day are sufficient. If you still experience an urge to smoke, you can suck additional lozenges. Do not exceed 30 lozenges per day of the 1 mg strength (applies for both smoking cessation and smoking reduction)
Republic Of Ireland: Order by 4pm for NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY.
What Nicotinell Mint lozenge is and what it is used for?
- Nicotinell Mint lozenge contains nicotine, which is one of the substances contained in tobacco.
- This medicine product belongs to a group of medicines which are used to help you to stop smoking. When sucked, nicotine is released slowly and absorbed through the lining of the mouth.
- This medicinal product is used to relieve the nicotine withdrawal symptoms in nicotine dependency, as an aid to smoking cessation. Patient counselling and support normally improve the success rate.
How to take
- Always take Nicotinell Mint Lozenge exactly as stated in this package leaflet. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- To improve your chances of giving up smoking you should stop smoking completely when you start to use the lozenges and for the whole treatment period.
- Nicotinell Mint Lozenge is available in two strengths: 1 and 2 mg.
- Nicotinell Mint 1 mg lozenge is recommended in low to moderate nicotine-dependent smokers. It is not recommended for smokers with a strong or very strong nicotine dependency.
- Nicotinell Mint 1 mg lozenge can be used alone or in combination with Nicotinell patches.
- Children and adolescents (below 18 years) Nicotinell should not be used by people under 18 years of age without a recommendation from a doctor.
- Adults over 18 years Treatment with Nicotinell Mint lozenges only select your optimal dosage from the following table:
If an adverse event occurs with the use of the high dose (2 mg lozenge), use of the low dose (1 mg lozenge) should be considered.
Instructions for use
- Do not swallow the lozenge.
- Suck a lozenge until the taste becomes strong.
- Allow the lozenge to rest between your gum and cheek.
- Suck again when the taste has faded.
- Repeat this routine until the lozenge dissolves completely (about 30 minutes).
What Nicotinell Mint lozenge contains?
- The active substance is nicotine each piece of Nicotinell Mint lozenge contains 1 mg of nicotine (as 3.072 mg nicotine bitartrate dihydrate).
- The other ingredients are maltitol (E965), sodium carbonate anhydrous, sodium hydrogen carbonate, polyacrylate, xanthan gum, colloidal anhydrous silica, levomenthol, peppermint oil, aspartame (E951), magnesium stearate.
Always read the enclosed leaflet before using this product.