IMODIUM® LIQUI-GELS® provides you with the fast, soothing relief of a liquid to settle things down and restore your feeling of harmony. This gentle, yet effective solution is perfect for all bouts of diarrhea.
How To Use
Initial: 2 capsules. Then 1 capsule after each episode of diarrhea.
Republic Of Ireland: Order by 4pm for NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY.
- Related Products
FULL DOSAGE INSTRUCTIONS
Dosage for Adults and Children 12+
Take 2 capsules (4 mg) initially and 1 capsule every time you have a loose bowel movement, to a maximum of 8 capsules (16 mg) per day. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Stop use if you have a solid or hard stool or if you go for 24 hours without a bowel movement.
IMODIUM® products are not recommended for children under 12 years of age except on the advice of a doctor.
Nonmedicinal Ingredients (alphabetical)
FD&C blue No. 1, gelatin, glycerol,propylene glycol, propylene glycol monocaprylate, soya lecithin, triglycerides and water.
Store IMODIUM® LIQUI-GELS® at room temperature (15-30°C). Protect from light.
KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
BEFORE you use IMODIUM® talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you:
- Are pregnant or nursing a baby. IMODIUM® is not recommended for nursing mothers because small amounts of loperamide can end up in your milk;
- Have meningitis or liver disease, as you may need medical supervision while taking IMODIUM®.
STOP USE and see your doctor or pharmacist if:
- Diarrhea gets worse, lasts longer than 48 hours, or you get any unusual symptoms;
- You are infected with HIV and you have any signs of abdominal swelling or bulging.
Although IMODIUM® stops diarrhea, it will not treat the cause of it. Whenever possible, the cause of diarrhea should also be treated.
Tiredness, dizziness, or drowsiness may occur in the setting of diarrheal symptoms treated with loperamide. Therefore, it is advisable to use caution when driving a car or operating machinery.
Taking more than directed may cause serious heart problems leading to death.
ADDITIONAL DIRECTIONS FOR USE
IMODIUM® should be taken by the mouth. You can take IMODIUM® at any time of day. The IMODIUM® LIQUI-GEL® capsules should be taken with liquid.
When you have diarrhea,
- You lose a lot of fluids. Therefore, drink plenty of clear fluids, water, unsweetened juices or clear soups.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or milk and refrain from eating fruit, green vegetables, and spicy or fatty foods. These items tend to aggravate diarrhea.
Stop use if you have a solid or hard stool or if you go for 24 hours without a bowel movement.