Epaderm Ointment is a 3 in 1 emollient, skin cleanser and bath additive that provides relief for dry skin conditions.
How To Use
Adults and adolescents 12 years and over: Take two tablets with water, then if necessary take one or two tables every 4 hours. Do not exceed 6 tablets in any 24-hour period.
Republic Of Ireland: Order by 4pm for NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY.
Developed by dermatologists, Epaderm Ointment is a 3 in 1 emollient, skin cleanser and bath additive that provides relief for dry skin conditions. Epaderm Ointment does not contain any fragrances, colourings or additives. it can be used on all dry skin conditions and is suitable for all ages, including babies. Guidelines published by nice state that greasy emollients like Epaderm Ointment are more effective than non greasy alternatives. It is ideal for use in the wet or dry wrapping technique.
Benefits & Features
- For eczema, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions.
- 3 in 1 relief for dry skin conditions.
- No colourings, fragrances, additives or preservatives.
- Developed by dermatologists.
- Suitable for all ages, including babies.
- Formulation contains no fragrances, colourings or additives.
- It's barrier aids moisture retention within the skin.
- Can be used on the skin, as a bath additive or skin cleanser and offers complete emollient therapy in one product
Areas of use for Epaderm Ointment
Epaderm Ointment can be used for eczema, psoriasis and all other dry skin conditions. it is suitable for all ages, including babies. Minimum adult amounts required (1 measure equals 4g of product):
- Face, Ears, Neck: 1 measure twice a day.
- Arms, Back: 2 measures twice a day.
- Legs: 4 measures twice a day.
- Hands: ½ measure twice a day.
- Genitals: ½ measure twice a day.
- Children under ten years of age require half the above amounts.
Alternative uses for Epaderm Ointment
- Using Epaderm Ointment as a skin cleanser - when caring for dry skin conditions, it is vital to ensure that moisturisation is carried out wherever possible. However, it is equally important that no soaps or products containing detergents are used as they will increase water loss from the skin. Using Epaderm Ointment as a skin cleanser ensures that dry skin can be properly washed, without losing additional moisture or having to deal with the problems that common soap additives might produce. Scoop a small amount from the tub, lather under warm water and then use as a normal soap.
- Using Epaderm Ointment in the bath soaking the skin in an emollient, for optimum rehydration, is another key step of complete emollient therapy. As Epaderm Ointment contains no fragrances, colourings or additives, baths can be taken as often as required. Take 4g from the tub. Melt this in a tumbler of hot water, ensuring it has cooled sufficiently before adding to the bath. do not apply hot water directly to the skin. When using Epaderm Ointment as a bath additive, care should be taken, as it will make the surface of the bath slippery.
How Epaderm Ointment works
- Epaderm Ointment is an emollient developed by dermatologists specifically for sufferers of dry skin conditions. Epaderm Ointment offers the three aspects of complete emollient therapy in one, as it can be used on the skin, as a bath additive or as a skin cleanser. Epaderm Ointment creates a barrier which aids moisture retention within the skin. it is highly versatile
Key Ingredients of Epaderm Ointment
- Emulsifying Wax.
- Yellow Soft Paraffin.
- Liquid Soft Paraffin.
- Natural rubber latex is not a constituent of Epaderm Ointment or its packaging.